Nile Basin Discourse
REQUEST for EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Call for CVs of Individual Consultants for Consultancy Services
Assignment Title: Developing Terms of Reference (ToRs) for an Expert to Train National Discourse Forums (NDFs) on Citizen Data
Country: Burundi, D.R. Congo, Egypt, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda
Development Partner: CIWA / World Bank
Project Title: Engaging Civil Society for Social and Climate Resilience in the Nile Basin Project
Contract Reference: UG-NBD-191681-CS-INDV
Project ID No.: P132448
NBD CIWA/WB Grant No.: TF-15834
Deadline: 14th October 2020 at 17.00 hrs East African time
1) The Nile Basin Discourse (NBD) has received a third cycle Additional funding (AF) from the Corporation for International Waters in Africa (CIWA) /World Bank (WB) under the project titled: Engaging Civil Society for Social & Climate Change Resilience in the Nile Basin and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this grant for undertaking the development of Terms of Reference (ToRs) for an expert to train National Discourse Forums (NDFs) on Citizen Data.
2) This assignment has the objective of developing Terms of References (ToRs) for an expert who is to build capacity of the NDFs, mainly targeting the National Technical Support Experts/Coordinators in the Ten Nile riparian states plus any other relevant stakeholders, by training them on citizen data collection, synthesis, and reporting so as to facilitate incorporation of citizens data into planning and decision making at national and regional levels in the Nile Basin and also to identify potential tranining experts based on stipulations in the detailed ToRs attached at the end of this request - (Also Here)
3) The consultant shall prepare a work plan based on desk review and submit to the NBD and later submit the final work plan after incorporating inputs from the NBD. Then, based on the agreed work plan, prepare and submit the draft ToRs and the draft structure (table of contents) of the Training Manual with indicative agreed upon modules. After incorporation of comments from NBD, the individual consultant will submit the final ToRs and Structure/Table of contents for the training manual. The assignment shall be performed within ten (10) working days scattered over an agreed period of time.
4) The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016(“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
5) The minimum qualifications and experiences required of the Individual Consultant (IC) are : an Advanced University Degree (M.A. level) in Social-Economics, Water Resources Management, Environmental Studies, Climate Change and Development, Gender and Climate change, Climate security studies or related fields; a minimum of 5 years experience in the aforesaid areas, within the Nile Basin, preferably in the civil society sector. A hands-on and demonstrated experience in ToRs and training manual development is a requirement. Advanced communication, recruitment and reporting skills; fluency in both written and spoken English is a requisite. Fluency in Arabic and French will be an added advantage.
6) The Nile Basin Discourse Secretariat now invites eligible individual consultants to express their interest in providing the services; interested consultants should provide (in either soft or hard copy versions)
(i) a Cover Letter with clear expression of interest and required skills for the job, and
(ii) an updated signed CV to be evaluated as an indication of their qualification to perform the services.
7) Selection will be in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (published by the Bank).
8) Interested Individual Consultants may obtain further information at the address below during week days Monday to Friday from 09.00 hrs to17.00hrs.
The Nile Basin Discourse
Plot 32, Nsamizi Road
P. O. Box 185, Entebbe, Uganda
Attn: Ms. Jennifer Kurubeija
Tel: +256 414 322 432/+256 393 252 161