Nile Basin Discourse
REQUEST for EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Call for CVs of Individual Consultants for Consultancy Services
Assignment Title: Developing Terms of Reference (ToRs) for a Training and Training Manual Development Expert
Country: Burundi, D.R. Congo, Egypt, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda
Development Partner: CIWA / World Bank
Project Title: Engaging Civil Society for Social and Climate Resilience in the Nile Basin Project
Contract Reference: UG-NBD-191611-CS-INDV
Project ID No.: P132448
NBD CIWA/WB Grant No.: TF-15834
Deadline: 8th October 2020 at 17.00 hrs Uganda time
1) The Nile Basin Discourse (NBD) has received a third cycle Additional funding (AF) from the Cooperation in International Waters in Africa (CIWA) /World Bank (WB) under the project titled: Engaging Civil Society for Social & Climate Resilience in the Nile Basin and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this grant for undertaking the development of Terms of Reference (ToRs) for a Training and Training Manual Development Expert.
2) This assignment has the objective of developing comprehensive Terms of References (ToRs) that include a clear structure (table of contents) for a training manual that will guide the NBD to procure an expert who will build the capacities of the grassroots communities in the 10 Nile riparian states, the network members and other stakeholders as beneficiaries. The training shall be conducted on selected and agreed upon topics which include but not limited to: “Water and environmental sustainability, climate security, green jobs and resilience, flood and drought risk mitigation, women in water development, youth in water development and or any other topic on high-ranked emerging issues based on stipulations in the detailed ToRs attached at the end of this request - (Also Here)
3) The consultant shall prepare and submit a work plan based on desk review and input from NBD. He/she will prepare and submit draft ToRs and the draft structure of Training Manual (that entails agreed upon indicative training modules). He/she shall submit the final ToRs and structure of training manual (that entails agreed upon indicative training modules) after incorporating comments from NBD. The assignment shall be performed within eight (8) working days scattered over an agreed period of time.
4) The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016(“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
5) The minimum qualifications and experiences required of the Individual Consultant (IC) are: an Advanced University Degree (M.A. level) in Water Resources Management, Social Economic Studies, Climate change and Development, Gender studies, Climate Change and climate security, or related fields.
Minimum five (5) years of work experience in the aforesaid areas, within the Nile Basin, preferably in the civil society sectors. A Hands-on and demonstrated experience in ToRs and training manual development is a requirement. Advanced communications, recruitment and reporting skills, fluency in both written and spoken English is a requirement; and fluency in Arabic and French will be an added advantage.
6) The Nile Basin Discourse Secretariat now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services; interested consultants should provide (in either soft or hard copy versions)
(i) Cover Letter with clear expression of interest and required skills for the job, and
(ii) an updated signed CV to be evaluated as an indication of their qualification to perform the services.
7) Selection will be in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (published by the Bank).
8) Interested Individual Consultants may obtain further information at the address below during week days Monday to Friday from 09.00 hrs to17.00hrs.
The Nile Basin Discourse
Plot 32, Nsamizi Road
P. O. Box 185, Entebbe, Uganda
Attn: Ms. Jennifer Kurubeija
Tel: +256 414 322 432/+256 393 252 161